Nov 13, 2011

Mending

My younger brother asked me if I could patch his jeans, which were slowly falling apart all over the place.  Like all projects, this one was slow to come to completion for many reasons, including no time and lack of inspiration.  I lucked out when my sister snagged me two fabric sample books from the side of the street and flew with them half way across the country.  Inside one of the books were a bunch of elegant dark fabrics, which I knew would be perfect to patch the jeans.  I wanted use fabric that my brother wouldn't hate, so that he would actually wear them.  I thing my choice worked out well.


I've included this second photo to show that you don't need a fancy work area.  This was the long and narrow kitchen/dining room in the apartment I stayed at during my rural rotation.  It had this fabulous window that let in lots of light and faced the mountains.  It was usually where I ended up when I was eating, reading, writing letters and working on projects.  You can see my houseplants that came on the rural rotation with me since I couldn't find a plantsitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment